Oh Waffles how I love thee. What I hate is the amount of sugar and unhealthy fats you usually contain. Dilemma! My fix to this unhealthy craving was creating my own recipe. Which contains healthy fats, proteins, and whole ‘food’ ingredients. Below you will find the ingredients, and tools for creating a power packed breakfast that still hits the comfort food button. 😁
Please note. I am an Arbonne Health Consultant. By clicking on the above link you will be directed to my personal website. However, The choice to purchase directly from me is up to you. Please feel free to email me with any questions, or inquires.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Sprouted Bread Flour. I use this brand King Arthur Sprouted Grain Flour
- 1/4 cup of egg whites (2 eggs)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (You can use less, especially if you opt to add protein powder)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (Unrefined)
- 1 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 oz of coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- If you decide to add Protein I recommend one scoop. If the batter gets to thick you can add a Tbl or two of extra Coconut Milk
I use the Cuisinart Mixer it is the best! I also use a Belgian Waffle Iron.
Lets get cookin!
- Place all ingredients into a Mixer. I use the Flat Paddle that came with my Cuisinart mixer. If you have something similar I would suggest using it. However, if mixing by hand I suggest blending all the wet ingredients separate from the dry ingredients. Then gently fold them into each other.
- Heat your Waffle Iron to the medium setting. I place 1/4 to 1/2 cup of my Waffle mixture on the griddle plates.
- Once cooked to your preference. (Some like them lightly cooked; I prefer them ‘Lego My Eggo’ style 😍) It’s time to top them.
- Fresh sliced bananas, blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
- Pure Maple Syrup.
- Non Dairy Butter. (I love the Earth Balance Brand)
- Coconut Shreds.
- Chia Seeds for extra fiber and protein
- Spices such as Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
- Get fancy and have fun but keep it healthy!
I hope you love these Protein Packed Waffles. Please #beautyinthegrinds on Instagram if you recreate this recipe, or email me some photos. I would LOVE to see your recreations!
Be the Light,